At Ahren's Valley Eyeworks, it is our goal to see our patients' eye health flourish. So, if you are in Monroe, WA, book an appointment with our optometry team for our eye care services to keep your eyes in an optimal state.
Conditions Treated at Our Optometry Practice
- Dry eye syndrome: There are several reasons your eyes may be dry. It could be medication, weather conditions, or underlying health conditions. Sometimes, spending too much time behind a computer without blinking may contribute to dry eye syndrome. Whatever the cause, you our optometrist can help restore your eye health to its healthy best.
- Computer vision: Also known as digital eye strain, computer vision is a common eye condition experienced by patients with prolonged use of digital devices, such as phones, computers, and TVs. This condition results in eye strain, and symptoms include headaches, eye pain, eye redness, and dry eyes. We may treat computer vision by recommending posture changes and prescribing lenses and eyeglasses to cope with the demands of sitting behind a digital screen for a long time.
- Glaucoma: Pressure buildup in your eye may damage your optic nerve, leading to vision loss if not treated. While there is no cure for glaucoma damage but we can stop its progression by recommending treating the underlying condition and using eye drops and oral medications to lower your eye pressure.
- Eye infections: There are several causes of eye infections, including bacteria, viruses, fungi, allergies, and eye injury. If you have an eye injury, book an appointment with our eye doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. Depending on the cause, we may use eye drops and oral medications to clear up the infection.
- Eye refractive errors: Refractive errors occur when the eye doesn't bend light properly onto the retina. As a result, you may experience distorted vision, eye strain, headaches, and other symptoms. We can help correct your vision using eyeglasses and contact lenses, whether you have myopia, astigmatism, or presbyopia.
- Age-related macular degeneration (AMD): This is a common eye condition among senior citizens where the macula deteriorates, resulting in loss of central vision. Eye exams are essential in detecting AMD before the condition alters your vision. When we detect AMD, we can prescribe vitamins and supplements to slow down the progression of the disease. Also, medication and laser surgery can be used to combat the growth of new blood vessels in your retina.
Visit Us for Our Optometry Services and Our Eye Care Services
Looking for personalized eye care services in Monroe, WA? Schedule an appointment with us at Ahren's Valley Eyeworks for our optometry services and eye care services from our optometrist. Call us at (360) 794-5941.